Upton Pyne Parish Church

uptsfw

Welcome to the Parish Church of Our Lady, Upton Pyne, EX5 5JA

Upton Pyne is easy to find, just a mile or so off the A377 outside Exeter, the village sits on the north side of Pynes Hill.  The Church of Our Lady is reached from the main street through an open cobbled area known as The Causeway.

Bishop Grandisson consecrated the church in 1328.  Flakes of paint found on the statues on the tower during recent conservation work revealed that the figures were likely to have been carved in the Exeter cathedral workshops during the 1380's.  These sculptures, although now rather worn, contribute to the grade 1 status of the church.

More information about the history of the church (including interior photographs) is available as an Adobe pdf file. Please click here

For photographs of the visit of the Bishop of Exeter to Upton Pyne on 31st July 2016 please click here

Services at Upton Pyne 

Details of services are published each month in our newsletter, In Touch

Contacts

Please click here for contacts in Upton Pyne

Further information

More information about the parish, including details of availability of parish records etc is available on the Genuki website – please click here to access the Genuki information about Upton Pyne.

uptcsfw